Group Discussion Tables
|Eligibility of Usage and Booking||EdUHK students only. Booking should be made by one student on behalf of a group of 3 to 7 students.|
|Length of Booking Session||2 hours.|
|Seating Capacity||7 students.|
|Compulsory Check In Time||The student who made the booking must check in on-site together with at least two more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
For continuous booking, check in is required for each session.
|Booking Quota||No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.|
|Period of Advance Booking||7 days in advance.|
Equipment Provided on Each Group Discussion Table
One networked PC
One notebook computer
Four power outlets
Rules for Using Group Discussion Tables
1. Facilities provided at the Group Discussion Tables are for group discussion only.
2. Advance booking is available for all EdUHK students.
3. Seating capacity: Each Group Discussion Table can seat 7 students. Each group using a Group Discussion Table must have at least 3 students.
4. Length of booking session: In general 2 hours.
5. Compulsory check-in time: The student who made the booking on behalf of a group must check in on-site together with at least two more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
6. Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
7. Bookings cannot be transferred to other users.
8. Users should keep the voice down in order to minimize the disturbance to other users.
9. Library users are required to save their works onto their own portable storage devices or their cloud storage. Library may reboot the PCs and notebook computers for next group of users and all files saved on local hard disks of the PCs and notebook computers will be erased.
10. Library users use Group Discussion Table facilities at their own risk. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulted.
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.