1. The Lounge located on G/F of MMW Library is designated by the Librarian to be the only library area which
allows food and drinks consumption. Food and drinks must not be brought into and/or consumed in all
other areas of the Library, including the Tseung Kwan O Study Centre (TKOSC) Learning Commons.
2. Food items allowed inside the Lounge: Restricted to snack-size food items similar to those provided by the
vending machines installed in the Lounge.
3. Food items not allowed inside the Lounge: Anything which is hot, aromatic, smelly, juicy or potentially
messy is not allowed. Examples of food items not allowed include, but not limited to, meals of any kinds,
hot food of any kinds, lunch boxes, noodles, pizza, burgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, fish balls, shao mai,
fries, fish and chips, soup, salads, cakes, ice-cream, etc.
4. Drinks allowed inside the Lounge: Non-alcoholic drinks in cans, paper packs, bottles, disposal cups with lids
and other spill-proof containers. Water in spill-proof containers is allowed anywhere in the MMW Library
and the TKOSC Learning Commons. Spill-proof containers include bottles with twist-on lids, sport bottles
and thermos bottles.
5. Food and drinks intended for consumption by more than one person, such as large bags of biscuits, crisps
or big bottles of soft drink, are also not allowed in the Lounge.
6. The Library has the full authority to determine which food and drink items are appropriate for consumption
inside the Library. All food or drink items in doubt or dispute should be considered as not appropriate and
hence are not allowed.
7. Library users consumed food and drinks in the Lounge must dispose of litter properly and immediately.