Located on G/F of the MMW Library, and opens 24 hours a day, the
Creative Lab is a "Maker
Space" for library users to create and to share
concepts and ideas in various media forms. Thirteen stations with
26 seats are provided for artistic and handicraft works. Large format
printer, 3D printer and laser cutter are installed at the Creative Lab,
supporting both 2D and 3D outputs. Advance booking is required.
|Eligibility of Usage and Booking
|Length of Booking Session
|Compulsory Check In Time
||Check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session
||No more than 6 active or booked sessions at the same time
|Period of Advance Booking
||7 days in advance
Video production system for recording of teaching videos in HD format (donated by Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund)
1 x 60” LCD TV (donated by Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund)
2 x PC with Intel Core i7-4790 CPU, 16G RAM, 256G SSD, GT740 display card, Blu-ray writer and 27” 4K monitor for production of 2D graphics and 3D models
2 x Mac Pro with Intel Xeon E5 CPU, 16G RAM, 256 SSD, dual AMD FirePro D300 display cards, Blu-ray writer and 27” 4K monitor for production of 2D graphics and 3D models
2 x Blu-ray viewing stations
1 x Ultimaker 2 3D printer for printing 3D objects up to 23cm x 22.5cm x 20.5cm
1 x iLaser 460 laser cutter
1 x Epson Stylus Pro 7908 for printing photos and graphics up to 24” wide
Tool sets for handicraft works
The Creative Lab is open 24 hours daily.
Rules for Using the Creative Lab
1. The Creative Lab is not set up as a reading room or a study room.
2. Library users eligible for usage and booking: EdUHK Students.
3. Length of book session: 2 hours.
4. Compulsory check-in time: Check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session.
5. Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
6. Bookings cannot be transferred to other students.
7. No food, drinks, or games of any forms are allowed.
8. No equipment or tools should be taken out of the Creative Lab.
9. Mobile phones must be set to silent mode at all times.
10. Disruptive behavior is not allowed.
11. Activities and materials which may generate loud noise, smell, smoke, dust, vapour or any other substance which may be hazardous to safety and health are not allowed, including but not limited to oil-based paints, spray paints, inflammable materials, etc.
12. Furniture and equipment should not be moved around without permission by Library Staff.
13. Students must not leave personal belongings in the Creative Lab unattended. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings, including artworks and any other items left inside the Creative Lab. Items or artworks left unattended will be removed by Library Staff immediately, and will be disposed of after 7 days.
14. Students should turn off equipment which is not in use.
15. Students must clean up the station, equipment, tools and the sink when finish using.
16. Mutilation and theft of equipment and tools provided in the Creative Lab is a serious offence and will result in disciplinary actions.
17. Students use Creative Lab facilities at their own risk. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulted.
Enquiry and Assistance
Notes from a briefing session on Creative Lab facilities about the specialized printers is also available.
Please contact Library System Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 29486653 for technical assistance.
For other enquiries, please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email email@example.com for assistance.