SEN Study Rooms/Faculty Reading Rooms
The two SEN Study Rooms/Faculty Reading Rooms on 1/F of MMW Library have dual purposes of serving library users with special education needs and Faculty Members. While SEN users will have priority to use these two rooms, the rooms will be available for advance booking by Academic and Teaching Staff if they are not reserved by SEN users. SEN and normal IT equipment such as PC with large LCD display, electric height-adjustable table, special equipment for person with visual impairment are provided in each room. The two rooms will be open for walk-in access by all library users if they are not booked.
|Eligibility of Usage and Booking||EdUHK full-time and part-time academic and teaching staff. Library users with SEN have priority to use these two rooms, please contact Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 for manual booking.|
|Length of Booking Session||2 hours|
|Seating Capacity||One person|
|Compulsory Check In Time||Academic/Teaching staff member who made the booking must check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
For continuous booking, check in is required for each session.
|Booking Quota||No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.|
|Period of Advance Booking||7 days in advance|
Equipment Provided on Each Room
One networked PC
Electric height-adjustable table
Closed circuit TV magnifier for books
Rules for Using the SEN Study Room/Faculty Reading Room
1. Library users eligible for usage and booking: EdUHK full-time and part-time academic and teaching staff.
Library users with SEN have priority to use these two rooms and please approach Circulation Counter for assistance.
2. Length of book session: 2 hours.
3. Compulsory check-in time: Check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session.
4. Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
5. Please collect the door key at the Circulation Counter on G/F.
6. Bookings cannot be transferred to other users.
7. Library users are required to save their works onto their own portable storage devices or their cloud storage. Files saved on local hard disks of the workstations will be erased regularly.
8. Library users use the room facilities at their own risk. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulted.
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email email@example.com for assistance.
1st Floor Room for SEN students – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA