Library Membership for Alumni
Who is eligible?
- All alumni of EdUHK, the Hong Kong Institute of Education and the former Colleges of Education are eligible to apply for Library Alumni Membership.
How to apply?
- Submit the online alumni library card application form and make online payment.
- For alumni of the former Colleges of Education, you must first register with the Alumni Affairs and Development Office.
Fees and charges
- Reader Card
- EdUHK Alumni Reader Card provides you with access to both the Mong Man Wai Library and the Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library. Free remote access to selected electronic databases are also provided.
- There is no annual fee but a one-time EdU Card production fee of $50 will be charged.
- Borrower Card
- EdUHK Alumni Borrower Card provides you with borrowing privileges up to 15 items (see Library Regulations for details) and access to both the Mong Man Wai Library and the Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library. Free remote access to selected electronic databases are also provided.
- The annual fee is $250 (or $125 for EdUHK-BEA affinity card holders); plus a refundable one-time deposit of $1,000. Upon expiration or termination of membership, any outstanding payments due to the Library will be deducted from the deposit. Balance of deposit will be refunded to expired members upon request. All requests for refund of deposit must be made within 36 months from membership expiration or termination, after which requests for refund will not be entertained.
- Please contact our Access Services Section by phone at 2948-6658 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giving to the Library
Download books@library or the development tree@library programmes Form to put your name or the name of your honouree on a bookplate or the Development Tree.
Alumni associations / groups
For more information, please refer to the List of Alumni Associations / Groups.
For your attention, with Google’s implementation of a new storage policy from 1 July 2022, EdUHK will gradually cease to provide Google accounts (i.e. email@example.com) for Gmail and related services to alumni. If you use this Google account to register for Library Alumni Membership, please be reminded to inform the Library to update your email address by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, all Library Notices cannot be delivered to you.