- Borrowers must return their loaned items to the Library on or before the due dates.
- All items must be returned on recall.
- Fines are charged for late returns.
- Items borrowed from MMW Library can be returned to the Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library, or vice versa.
- Fragile items and special materials, such as media collection, must be returned to the appropriate counters of the Library
- All items with “On loan” status in the Library System shall remain as loans to the borrowers
All overdue fines will be calculated according to the official library opening hours/days:
|Loan Period||Period Overdue||Fine Rate||Maximum Fine|
|30-day and 90-day loans||1 day or more||$1 per day||$30 in 30 days|
|14-day, 7-day and 3-day loans||1 day or more||$2 per day||$40 in 20 days|
|3-hour loans||1 hour or more||$2 per hour||$60 in 30 hours|
Smart Book Returns
Smart Book Returns are newly set up at at MMW Library foyer on Tai Po Campus and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library. Library users may deposit EdUHK Library books on loan to them into the Smart Book Returns and the books will be scanned automatically and returned instantly.
Please note that the following items should not be put into the Smart Book Returns:
- All non-book materials, e.g. media, serials
- Overdue books
- Books too big or too thick
- Books with media materials
- Fragile books
- Non-EdUHK Library books (including HKALL books)
Books inside the Smart Book Return which cannot be scanned automatically for whatever reason will be manually handled by staff afterwards. Books which require manual handling collected in the first round each day will be treated as being returned on the day when library counters were last open.
RFID Self-service Stations are installed on G/F of Mong Man Wai Library and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library. EdUHK Students, Staff and other users holding EdU Cards or EdUHK Library Borrower Cards can return EdUHK Library books quickly and easily by themselves.