Personal Information Collection Statement
- Provision of personal data is necessary for processing and follow up on your request, enquiry, application, donation, etc.
- The information collected from you will be used for the purposes described in 1 above, and/or for authenticating your eligibility to use library resources and services.
- The submission of personal data is voluntary. However, insufficient personal data may prevent the Library from processing and follow up on your request, enquiry, application, donation, etc.
- It is possible that any information submitted electronically could be observed by a third party in transit. The Library or the University shall not be liable for any loss or damage to you as a result of this.
- Information we collect about you is strictly confidential. Data may be provided to the University for administrative and academic purposes. We will not disclose any personal information provided by you to any external bodies or organisations unless you have been consulted or we are required to do so by law.
- Information submitted to the Library may be kept for a maximum period as specified for each form or document collecting personal information.
- The Library will keep personal data of all valid library users. Expired library user records will be deleted within 3 years from the expiry dates except under special circumstances.
- You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by the Library. We may charge you an administration fee for accessing the information.
- If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by the Library, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EdUHK Library CCTV and Access Control Data Guidelines
- CCTV cameras are set up to monitor service areas and public areas of the Library for security and operation purposes.
- CCTV records at service areas and the Library access control system will be kept for about nine months. All other CCTV records will be kept for about one month.
- Data of individual users will be recorded by the Library access control system for security and operation purposes. Access control data will be kept for about nine months.
- Access to CCTV system, CCTV records, access control system and access control data are restricted to Library staff members authorized directly by the University Librarian.
- For enquiry, please call 2948 6658.