(Revised 3 July 2023)
- The Librarian may from time to time designate specific areas of the Library for consumption of food and drinks by library users.
- Library users may consume the following types of drinks in all areas of the Library: Water in spill-proof containers; non-alcoholic drinks in cans, paper packs, bottles, disposal cups with lids and other spill-proof containers. Spill-proof containers include bottles with twist-on lids, sport bottles and thermos bottles. Other types of drinks must not be brought into MMW Library and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library.
- The Lounge located on G/F and Entrepreneurship and Innovation Hub (EI Hub) located on LP/F of MMW Library are designated by the Librarian to be the library area which allow consumption of food. All kinds of food must not be brought into and/or consumed in other areas of the Library, including Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library.
- Food items allowed inside the Lounge and EI Hub: Restricted to snack-size food items similar to those provided by the vending machines installed in the Lounge.
- Food items not allowed inside the Lounge and EI Hub: Anything which is hot, aromatic, smelly, juicy or potentially messy is not allowed. Examples of food items not allowed include, but not limited to, meals of any kinds, hot food of any kinds, lunch boxes, noodles, pizza, burgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, fish balls, shao-mai, fries, fish and chips, soup, salads, cakes with cream, ice-cream, etc.
- Food and drinks intended for consumption by more than one person, such as large bags of biscuits, crisps or big bottles of soft drink, are also not allowed in all areas of the Library.
- Library users consumed food in designated areas and drinks inside the Library must dispose of litter properly and immediately.
- The Library has the full authority to determine which food and drink items are appropriate for consumption inside the Library. All food or drink items in doubt or dispute should be considered as not appropriate and hence are not allowed.