The Library provides the following support facilities and services to people with disabilities:
Provision of Barrier-Free Access
- All lifts are provided with Braille signs and voice announcement.
- Automatic entrance gates for wheelchair users on LP/F of Mong Man Wai Library.
- Automatic sliding doors and entrance gates for wheelchair users on G/F of Mong Man Wai Library.
- Barrier-free access provided in all Library premises.
- Tactile guide path starts from the entrance to service counter.
- Tactile warning strips are provided at the top and bottom ends of the staircases.
- Visual alarm system for fire signal.
- Washrooms for people with disabilities are located from G/F to 4/F of Mong Man Wai Library.
One PC workstation (SN3) at the Quiet Zone & PC Area on G/F of Mong Man Wai Library and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library is specially designed to facilitate Internet browsing by wheelchair users.
Priority service is provided to people with disabilities at all library counters. Library staff are always happy to offer assistance.
Special Reading Facilities
Reading facilities for the student with visual impairment have been installed in SEN Study Rooms on 1/F of Mong Man Wai Library and in one dedicated workstation of Tseung Kwan O Study Centre Library, which include:
- 42″ Large screen display
- Closed circuit TV magnifier for books
- PC screen magnifying software (ZoomText)
- Screen reading softwares (JAWS/NDVA/Open Book/Windows Light)
- Braille display
- Clear Reader set up at SEN Study Rooms #1
In addition, magnifiers and tablets are kept at the MMW Library Circulation Counter, SEN students can check out for 14-day loan.
- 2 sets 5″ LCD display portable video magnifier
- 1 set 7″ LCD display portable video magnifier
- 3 sets 7″ high resolution LCD display portable video magnifier
- 2 sets 8″ high resolution LCD display portable video magnifier (endorsement from SAO is required)
- 1 set 12″ hand handheld video magnifier (endorsement from SAO is required)
- 2 Tablets and 2 ipad mini (endorsement from SAO is required)
Facilities for the student with hearing impairment
Two sets of FM wireless system are available for the student with hearing impairment for loan. Students may first approach Student Affairs Office to express their needs. SAO councellor will then contact Library for the check-out procedure.
In addition, induction loop system for hearing aid is set up in Special Education Room.
Two SEN Study Rooms on 1/F of Mong Man Wai Library are designated for students with special educational needs. A height adjustable table is set up in each SEN Study Room to cater to the needs of wheelchair users.
Students with special needs can contact our colleague Mr. Chan at 29486672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for using these SEN Study Rooms.
SEN Study Rooms/Faculty Reading Rooms, 1/F – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email email@example.com for assistance.