Media Production Lab
Located on 3/F of the MMW Library, Media Production Lab provides ten double-seated media production stations with high-end PCs or Mac Pros for editing and production of HD videos. Another 5 media stations are provided for viewing of media resources as well as playing digital music. Advance booking is required for the media production stations and the media stations for playing digital music.
|Eligibility of Booking||EdUHK Students and Staff|
|Length of Booking Session||2 hours|
|Compulsory Check In Time||Check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session|
|Booking Quota||No more than 6 active or booked sessions at the same time|
|Period of Advance Booking||7 days in advance|
4 x High-end PCs with Intel Core i7-7700 CPU, 16G RAM, 256G SSD, GTX1060 display card, Blu-ray writer and 27” 4K monitor for editing and production of HD videos
2 x High-end PCs with Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, 32G RAM, 256G SSD, GTX1080 display card, Blu-ray writer and 27” 4K monitor for editing and production of HD videos
4 x Mac Pros with Intel Xeon E5 CPU, 16G RAM, 256 SSD, dual AMD FirePro D300 display cards, Blu-ray writer and 27” 4K monitor for editing and production of HD videos
2 x media station with Yamaha PSR-E353 / Yamaha PSR-EW410 digital keyboard and Finale 25/26
2 x Blu-ray viewing stations (donated by Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund)
2 x media stations for using LD, slides and sound cassettes
The Media Production Lab is open for use when the MMW Library is open.Please visit library opening hours.
Rules for Using the Media Production Lab
1. Workstations at the Media Production Lab are set up for video and graphic production, and are not intended for video viewing or other IT applications.
2. Library users eligible for usage and booking: EdUHK Students and Staff.
3. Length of book session: 2 hours.
4. Compulsory check-in time: Check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session.
5. Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
6. Bookings cannot be transferred to other users.
7. Library Users are required to save their works onto their own portable storage devices or their cloud storage. Files saved on local hard disks of the workstations will be erased regularly.
8. Library Users use Media Production Lab facilities at their own risk. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulted.
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.