Group Discussion Rooms
Five Group Discussion Rooms on 1/F of the MMW Library are available for collaborative work and group discussion. Each room is equipped with one networked computer with a 50-inch or 42-inch display. Advance booking is provided for EdUHK students and academic staff with EdUHK accounts via Library Booking System.
|Eligibility of Booking||EdUHK students and academic staff .
Booking of Group Discussion Rooms should be made by one eligible user via the Library Booking System on behalf of a group of 3 to 7 eligible users.
|Length of Booking Session||2 hours|
|Seating Capacity||Group Discussion Room 1 : 7
Group Discussion Room 2 : 4
Group Discussion Room 3 : 7
Group Discussion Room 4 : 7
Group Discussion Room 5 : 7
|Compulsory Check In Time||The student who made the booking must check in on-site together with at least two more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
For continuous booking, check in is required for each session.
|Booking Quota||No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.|
|Period of Advance Booking||7 days in advance|
Equipment and Furniture Provided on Each Group Discussion Room
One networked PC
50-inch display in Group Discussion Rooms 1 and 3 to 5, 42-inch display in Group Discussion Room 2 (donated by Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund)
One table and four (Group Discussion Room 2) to seven chairs (all other Group Discussion Rooms)
Glass writing wall
Teleconference equipment in Group Discussion Rooms 1 and 3 (donated by Shun Hing Education and Charity Fund)
Rules for Using Group Discussion Rooms
1. Facilities provided at the Group Discussion Rooms are for group discussion by EdUHK students and academic staff only.
2. Advance booking is available for all eligible EdUHK students and academic staff with EdUHK accounts.
3. Seating capacity of Group Discussion Rooms: 7 users, except Group Discussion Room 2 can only seat up to 4 users. Each group using a Group Discussion Room must have at least 3 eligible users.
4. Length of booking session: generally 2 hours.
5. Compulsory check-in time of Group Discussion Rooms: The student who made the booking on behalf of a group must check in on-site together with at least two more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
6. Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions within 7 days.
7. Bookings cannot be transferred to other users.
8. Users should keep the voice down in order to minimize the disturbance to other users.
9. Library users are required to save their works onto their own portable storage devices or their cloud storage. Library may reboot the PCs for next group of users and all files saved on local hard disks of the PCs will be erased.
10. Library users use Group Discussion Rooms and Group Discussion Room facilities at their own risk. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulted.
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.