Four discussion booths are set up at the ground floor and the first floor of MMW Library. Each booth is for 2 to 4 eligible users. The booths (DB1 and DB2) on G/F open 24 hours daily; and the other two booths (DB3 and DB4) on 1/F open for use when 1/F is in service. Advance booking is provided for EdUHK students and academic staff with EdUHK accounts via Library Booking System.
Booking of Discussion Booths (DB1 and DB2) on G/F
Booking of Discussion Booths (DB3 and DB4) on 1/F
Eligibility of Booking
EdUHK students and academic staff.
Booking should be made by one group member on behalf of a group of 2 to 4 eligible users . EdUHK username of 1 more user must be provided at the time of booking.
Length of Booking Session
2- 4 users
Compulsory Check In Time
The user who made the booking must check in on-site together with at least one more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
For continuous booking, check in is required for each session.
No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
Period of Advance Booking
7 days in advance
Discussion Booth DB1 & DB2 are available on 24-hour basis. Discussion Booth DB3 & DB4 are open for use when the 1/F of the MMW Library is open. Please visit library opening hours.
Equipment Provided in DB3 and DB4
- A monitor with HDMI/Type C input
Rules for Using the Discussion Booths
- Library users eligible for usage and booking: EdUHK Students and academic staff.
- Seating capacity: Each set of booth can seat 4 users. Each group using a booth must have at least 2 users.
- Length of book session: 2 hours.
- Compulsory check-in time: The member who made the booking on behalf of a group must check in on-site together with at least one more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
- Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to other users.
- Users should keep the voice down in order to minimize the disturbance to other users.
- The Library does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage of personal belongings unattended in the premises.
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email email@example.com for assistance.