The Quiet Zone & PC Area on G/F of the MMW Library aims to offer students a “mini library” of key resources and facilities which they can use around the clock. To enhance its suitability for late night study, the Centre and its surrounding area will also be brightly lit, equipped with security cameras and will also include a security guard to be stationed at the entrance when the library is closed. The Centre will be accessible at all times via the main entrance of the MMW Library.
Eligibility of Booking
Length of Booking Session
Compulsory Check In Time
Check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session
No more than 6 active or booked sessions at the same time
Period of Advance Booking
7 days in advance
- Access to the Library’s full range of electronic resources and services through 60 networked PCs located in the Centre.
- Access to Internet, email and other networked services via each PC with headphones.
- Availability for in-house consultation of all EdUHK Prescribed and Recommended Textbooks in a designated “open access” Reserve Collection.
- Both black & white, colour photocopiers and network printing facilities; plus Print-N-Go (OCIO Print Quota System) stations.
- General study seating and tables.
The Quiet Zone & PC Area on G/F are open 24 hours daily.
Rules for Using the at the Quiet Zone & PC Area
- Workstations at the Quiet Zone & PC Area are set up for learning and study.
- Library users eligible for usage and booking: EdUHK Students.
- Length of book session: 2 hours.
- Compulsory check-in time: Check in on-site within 15 minutes after the start of each session.
- Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to other users.
- Library Users are required to save their works onto their own portable storage devices or their cloud storage. Files saved on local hard disks of the workstations will be erased regularly.
- Library Users use the facilities at Quiet Zone & PC Area at their own risk. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulted.
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.