G/F, MMW Library
The Lounge opens 24 hours a day and is a perfect place for chatting and relaxation. Users can watch TV or read daily newspapers. Casual sofas and study tables are set up in the area. Two vending machines providing drinks and snacks are installed.
In accordance with Library Regulation 5.4, this is an area designated by the Librarian which allows snacks and drinks consumption. To maintain a more pleasant environment for all library users, please follow the Library Food and Drinks Policy.
For infection control, no food and drinks in all areas of library. High Back Benches at the Lounge are temporarily closed.
Online Booking of High Back Benches at the Lounge
Eligibility of Booking
EdUHK students only. Booking should be made by one student on behalf of a group of 3 to 6 students.
Length of Booking Session
Compulsory Check In Time
The student who made the booking must check in on-site together with at least two more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
For continuous booking, check in is required for each session.
No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
Period of Advance Booking
7 days in advance
The High Back Benches at the Lounge is open 24 hours daily.
Rules for Using the High Back Benches
- Library users eligible for usage and booking: EdUHK Students.
- Seating capacity: Each set of High Back Bench can seat 6 students. Each group using a set of High Back Bench must have at least 3 students.
- Length of book session: 2 hours.
- Compulsory check-in time: The student who made the booking on behalf of a group must check in on-site together with at least two more group members within 15 minutes after the start of each session, otherwise Library has the right to cancel the booking.
- Booking quota: No more than 6 active or booked sessions of any library facilities at the same time.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to other users.
- Users should keep the voice down in order to minimize the disturbance to other users.
- The Library does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage of personal belongings unattended in the premises.
Enquiry and Assistance
Please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.