C-G/F-01B, MMW Library
Located on G/F of the MMW Library, and opens 24 hours a day, the Creative Lab is a place for library users to create and to share concepts and ideas in various media forms. Academic and teaching staff can reserve this room for classes via iBooking in advance. If there is no classes, it will be opened to all users.
VR-AR Media Equipment and Software
- 360 Designer and MR Creator software,, pre-installed in high-end notebooks to create virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) works
- One high-end notebook with 4K display for instructor + 30 high-end notebooks* for students
- One iPad for instructor + 20 iPads* for students
- Different input source routes to various 4K displays
- 3 sets of HTC Vive Pro* bundled with sensors already mounted on the ceiling.
- HTC goggles for viewing VR works*
- Google Earth VR, Sharecare VR and Tilt Brush pre-installed in two student notebooks and one instructor notebook
* available on request for teaching purposes
Dedicated wired fast Internet (CAT-6) support for all notebooks
Video-conferencing and Recording Equipment
- Video conferencing system pre-installed for communication with other (SIP/H.323) VC systems as well as remote teaching
- HD video camera for web video chats
- Ceiling mount live recording equipment at 4K resolution (camera and mic) which can record both ambient sound or individual sound sources
Video Display Panels and Projector
- Main display: one 98” 4K LCD panel + one 4K projector with 100” writeable projection wall
- Additional displays: three 65” 4K LCD panels mounted at the side and the back
- Master audio-visual control panel: The instructor can select which input source(s) (e.g. instructor notebook, a student notebook, VR headsets, smartphones, tablets, live TV broadcast, etc.) would be displayed on which display(s), or in any combinations
- HD multiviewer for quad video displays: Instructor can combine different input sources (e.g. instructor notebook and a student notebook) on the same display
Furniture for Students and Instructor
- One movable lectern
- 19 movable Node chairs with tablets for flexible seating arrangements
- Wireless handheld mic, clip mic and tie mic
- Writeable projection wall
- Noise dampening walls
- LED stage lighting + adjustable room lighting by rows
Enquiry and Assistance
For booking enquiries, please contact Library Circulation Counter at 2948 6658 or email email@example.com for assistance.
If special equipment such as VR goggles or video conferencing facilities are required, please contact Library System Support at email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 2948 6661 beforehand to discuss prior arrangements.
Please see also Video Production Facilities Provided by OCIO and LTTC.